Thursday, December 30, 2010

Successful latkes

Hanukkah is far away and I am missing a lot the warm atmosphere and the togetherness. This year, I was the fairy who surprised the guests and the family with various wonderful and tasty combinations. I was so proud of myself, but too busy to make pictures of my accomplishments. 
The role of the queen was, by far, represented by the latkes. 

I used some traditional recipes, as my newly experiences senses and tastes. 
The ingredients, for 17 latkes:
4-5 potatoes peeled and grated after
1 big onion - grated
3/4 cup - canola oil
3 scrambled eggs
salt, on taste

Mix the potatoes, onion, eggs and salt together. The size of your pist, make a little boulette and throw in the pan. Heat the oil in the pan at 250.  
You have to be careful for not burning them and to take them from the pan before turning into black holes - and prompting the fire alarm to cry (as it was in our case). 
The life span of this first experiment: maybe three full hours.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment