Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baking bread

Not very long time ago, I used to be extremely jealous of my girl friends posting pictures with their successful bread and exchanging their successful experiences in the field of doughs. How could I confess them, without being considered the black sheep of the cooking world, that I am simply afraid to think about me baking bread and I would rather prefer to starve than to get involved in the magics of producing out of flour, yeast and other ingredients a crunchy bread. 
But one winter day - maybe I have to be thankful to the bad German weather for all my progresses - I studied several recipes of bread, made a list of the most-haves and back home, started the experiment. This poppy bread is one of my best, but almost none of my experiences in the field by now were a failure. Thus, I will keep going and going.
For the poppy seeds bread, you need the following ingredients:
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
5 cups of white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups of vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon butter
3 eggs
3 tablespoons poppy seeds

Mix all the ingredients - but only 2 tablespoons poppy seeds - and put the dough in a warm place. Wait for 30-40 minutes. Preheat the oven at 170 C. Bake the dough - use the 1 tablespoon of poppy left as glaze - for another 45 minutes. 
Enjoy it! It is simply delicious!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment